Traveling to Cuba together with Matthias
We have been there and it has been a great adventure. There are plans to offer a similar programme in 2018. You will get information here or in our newsletter. All dates below refer to the journey in 2017.
After 10 years break Matthias of DyM will once again accompany a group of travelers to Cuba. The focus of this trip will be the Cuban salsa and aside from that the attempt to get a deepening view of a country in transition. We take a look behind the scenes and will listen to what the Cubans have to say. In this way we will get genuine insight about the life in Cuba. All this is possible because we are looking back on 20 years of experience with Cuba travel. From the outset our idea was to develop offers in direct cooperation with the Cuban people. It is a mindful, yet critical look at Cuba, that you will only find with us. This is so because of many exclusive details in our travel arrangements.
The program in February 2017 contains all the elements of our travel classic "Muevete a lo Cubano" – which means dance lessons for all levels. Accommodation in our carefully selected casas particulares, where you‘ll find privacy and comfort, which you might miss in some hotels. At the beginning of the journey there will be a tour to get to know the old town and a joint visit to the beaches of Havana, which are about 20km from the center.
In addition, there will be a Cuban guide for the day‘s program and two evening tours with a Salsa teacher and Cuban dance partners. We will show you the right places for dancing in Havanna and introduce you on how to dance in these locations.
We will meet Cubans who talk about their lives. Also about how they experience the current state of flux with the reduced travel and trade restrictions from the US on Cuba.
Matthias, – being an experienced observer of life in Cuba will be available for your questions and open for exchange on topics that might come up for you during your stay. This is helpful because to our experience people who travel more consciously usually start to be having a lot of questions and second thoughts in the progress of their journey.
If you want to experience Cuba on a deeper level, this is a program for you! No matter how old you are, and whether you have dancing experience or not.
The price of the progam in a double room in a Casa Particular (private pension) is at the current time per person
Arrival: Saturday, Feb04 (or earlier)
Start of the program: Sunday, 10 am (guided tour)
Departure: Saturday, Feb18 (or later)
If you don‘t want to book a flight right now, you can save the current price of our offer by booking now and confirm it with a deposit. Price increases are possible and likely due to the current development in Cuba. In other words: The price will probably rise. You can also easily take part in this travel program if your flight details differ from the group dates and i.e. you arrive few days earlier or want to return home later.
Included in the price of this group journey offer (if not indicated differently):
- Individual airport transfer on arrival and departure
- Accommodation (14 nights including breakfast)
- 10 x 120min Salsa with individual Cuban dance partner (DyM - methodology)
- 10 x 90min Movimiento (Isolation training)
- Englishspeaking Cuban tourguide from Feb 05-17 2016
- Travel companion will be Matthias giving an intro- duction and will be sharing his own experience on Cuban life with you
- Several meetings with Cubans for exchange of information and opinions
- Havana dances: two dance tours with Salsa leaders and dance partners
- City tour showing you the old part of Havana
- Day trip to the beaches of Playas del Este
- Possibilities to eat and dance together (costs involved are not included in the price)
- On request, Salsa-certificate for successful participation in the course
Extra modules for the completion of the basic program:
- Spanish training (10 x 2hrs for 210.- Euro)
- Drumming (5 x 90min for 195.- Euro)
- Musical instruments (on request)
Please read the following details attentively, because they include more information on the journey:
- Single room additional costs for a Casa Particular: 240.- Euro.
- We recommend you enjoy your dinner in your private pension. The surcharge for half board is 15.- euro per person/night.
- Single travellers can choose the option "double room" when booking. You pay the single room price first, but we will refund you 12.- per night shortly after the journey when sharing the room with another person of the group.
- On request, we can also calculate an individual offer for the program staying at any other hotel in Havana preferred by you.
- Getting there: Individual and not included in the price. On request, we can give you the contact information of an experienced agency for flights from our network.
- To participate you should speak English or Spanish. But we also speak a little French and Italian.
- Do you want to travel with children? Cuba likes children... We organise special offers for children or teenagers and also for younger children.
- For bookings and inquiries, please use our form.
- We will confirm your application by email. You receive a written travel confirmation/invoice by mail or as a pdf-document by email after all the services included are confirmed. Deviating from our general terms, the deposit for this journey is 250.- Euro per person. Another 250.- Euro have to be paid 90 days prior to the start of your journey. Please pay the rest of the invoice amount 30 days prior to the start of your journey. In case of cancellation of your journey, the following amounts have to be paid per person: Up to 90 days prior to the start of your journey: 250.- Euro, up to 30 days prior to the start of your journey: 500.- Euro, starting from the 29th to the 15th day prior to the start of your journey: 60% of the travelprice. Starting from the 14th day prior to the start of your journey the information published in our general terms are valid. If you don't live in the EU or the UK and the payment is made by credit card, we will charge your credit card account with the corresponding amounts.
- We recommend you to complete a travel insurrence.
- If your arrival or departure dates should vary due to flight schedules, or if you simply wish to arrive earlier or to stay longer, we calculate the extra nights/ services separately.
- If you have the time and if you would like to spend a week close to Havana at the Playas del Este prior to our program or after the program, we can recommend and organise private accommodations as well as various hotels. 7 nights in a double room including breakfast starts from 250 Euro per person. (This offer is only valid in combination with the booking of the basic package.)
- Please do not forget to tell us about your previous Salsa knowledge when booking.
For more information on the content of the journey or the travel management, please contact us by using our contact page. If the travel dates of this journey should not suit you, please note that we offer Salsa courses in small groups throughout the year! You can get more information here.