Traveling to Cuba together with Matthias November 02 to 16, 2019
The program in November 2019 contains all the elements of our travel classic "Muevete a lo Cubano" – which means dance lessons for all levels. Accommodation in our carefully selected casas particulares, where you‘ll find privacy and comfort, which you might miss in some hotels. At the beginning of the journey there will be a tour to get to know the old town and a joint visit to the beaches of Havana, which are about 20km from the center.
In addition, there will be a Cuban guide for the day‘s program and two evening tours with a Salsa teacher and Cuban dance partners. We will show you the right places for dancing in Havanna and introduce you on how to dance in these locations.
We will meet Cubans who talk about their lives. Also about how they experience the current state of flux with the reduced travel and trade restrictions from the US on Cuba.
Matthias, – being an experienced observer of life in Cuba will be available for your questions and open for exchange on topics that might come up for you during your stay. This is helpful because to our experience people who travel more consciously usually start to be having a lot of questions and second thoughts in the progress of their journey.
If you want to experience Cuba on a deeper level, this is a program for you! No matter how old you are, and whether you have dancing experience or not.
The price of the progam in a double room in a Casa Particular (private pension) is at the current time per person
Arrival: Saturday, Nov02 (or earlier)
Start of the program: Sunday, 10 am (guided tour)
Departure: Saturday, Nov16 (or later)
If you don‘t want to book a flight right now, you can save the current price of our offer by booking now and confirm it with a deposit. Price increases are possible and likely due to the current development in Cuba. In other words: The price will probably rise. You can also easily take part in this travel program if your flight details differ from the group dates and i.e. you arrive few days earlier or want to return home later.
Included in the price of this group journey offer (if not indicated differently):
- Individual airport transfer on arrival and departure
- Accommodation (14 nights including breakfast)
- 10 x 90min Salsa with individual Cuban dance partner (DyM - methodology)
- 10 x 60min Movimiento (Isolation training)
- Englishspeaking Cuban tourguide from Nov 03-15
- Travel companion will be Matthias giving an introduction and will be sharing his own experience on Cuban life with you
- Several meetings with Cubans for exchange of information and opinions
- Some meetings for everyone who likes to practise yoga and meditation
- Havana dances: two dance tours with Salsa leaders and dance partners
- City tour showing you the old part of Havana
- Day trip to the beaches of Playas del Este
- Possibilities to eat and dance together (costs involved are not included in the price)
- On request, Salsa-certificate for successful participation in the course
Please read the following details attentively, because they include more information on the journey:
- Single room additional costs for a Casa Particular: 270.- Euro.
- We recommend you enjoy your dinner in your private pension. The surcharge for half board is 15.- euro per person/night.
- Single travellers can choose the option "double room" when booking. You pay the single room price first, but we will refund you 12.- per night shortly after the journey when sharing the room with another person of the group.
- On request, we can also calculate an individual offer for the program staying at any other hotel in Havana preferred by you.
- Getting there: Individual and not included in the price. On request, we can give you the contact information of an experienced agency for flights from our network.
- To participate you should speak English or Spanish. But we also speak a little French and Italian.
- Do you want to travel with children? Cuba likes children... We organise special offers for children or teenagers and also for younger children.
- For bookings and inquiries, please use our form.
- We will confirm your application by email. You receive a written travel confirmation/invoice by mail or as a pdf-document by email after all the services included are confirmed. Deviating from our general terms, the deposit for this journey is 30% of the travel price per person. Please pay the rest of the invoice amount 30 days prior to the start of your journey. In case of cancellation of your journey, the following amounts have to be paid per person: Up to 30 days prior to the start of your journey 30% of the travel price, starting from the 29th to the 15th day prior to the start of your journey: 60% of the travelprice. Starting from the 14th day prior to the start of your journey the information published in our general terms are valid. If you don't live in the EU or the UK and the payment is made by credit card, we will charge your credit card account with the corresponding amounts.
- We recommend you to complete a travel insurrence.
- If your arrival or departure dates should vary due to flight schedules, or if you simply wish to arrive earlier or to stay longer, we calculate the extra nights/ services separately.
- Please do not forget to tell us about your previous Salsa knowledge when booking.
- Minimum number of participants for the program as described above: 10. If there should be less bookings, we will still offer the alternative programme "Salsa and Movimiento".
For more information on the content of the journey or the travel management, please contact us by using our contact page. If the travel dates of this journey should not suit you, please note that we offer Salsa courses in small groups throughout the year! You can get more information here.
A participant of the trip in 2018, writes:
The way you offered to go on holiday was absolutely unique and enormously enriching from my point of view.
The individually arranged dance course in the collective was a lot of fun, the teachers and the dance partners were well prepared, responded to us, were courteous, competent, nice, funny and very discreet for Cubans.
The group was great, for me it was nice to learn a lot about Cuba, its history, its politics, the mentality of the people, thanks to your excellent support and not least thanks to my knowledge of Spanish. Many things were absolutely new for me, many things I had already heard about Cuba and its people got a completely different taste by experiencing them up close.
My Casa Particular was a lonely peak, the landlady was Number One, both in terms of living and food. I felt very comfortable. Not least thanks to the interesting conversations I had with her, but also with my new girlfriend and roommate.
The time was very short - two weeks isn't much - but your contacts enabled us to make the most of this time. Everyone could do it in their own way, the flexible and thanks to the small group individual programming was ideal. And precisely because it was so intensive, it took me a relatively long time, about 10 days, until I was at home again. Many days after Cuba, the music and its rhythm reverberated again in my body. Great experience.
Your work in Cuba is a great opportunity, because otherwise something like this is not offered and because the enrichment of your customers takes place on many levels. Always remember how valuable your work is! I will certainly travel to Cuba again.