Salta and Purmamarca
The Northwest of Argentina
If you live in the Northern part of the world, you should change your mind regarding the seasons when it comes to Argentina. There it is cold in July and August. The further you travel to the North, the warmer it is. You find Salta about 1600km in the Northeast of Buenos Aires in a height of 1200m above the sea level. Our offered tour takes six days and can be combined with other offered tours or it can be individually changed, if you wish.
Flight from Buenos Aires to Salta and transfer to the hotel. Time for you to watch the city a little while. The Argentinian say that Salta is one of the most beautiful towns in their land, because this town has kept the colonial character like no other town. Salta lies in the middle of a prolific date, surrounded by an imposing mountainous scenery. Go up with the cable railway to Cerro San Bernardo and take a good look around to see where you are!
Day trip to Cafayate, in the dale of Lerma. Visit the archaeological museum, the cathedral and the wine cellar. High leveled wines are from this region of Argentina.
Day trip to Cachi at the same named 6384m high snowmountain. This trip leads us through the national park Los Cardones with its bizarre rockformation.
Change of place and hotel: The next station is called Purmamarca, a small town at the Cerro de los Siete Colores, the mountain of the seven colors.
One day for you in Purmamarca. Optional we offer trips that can be booked there if you wish.
On the way to the airport we have some time left to visit San Salvador de Jujuy. Flight back to Buenos Aires.
- Flight Buenos Aires - Salta - Buenos Aires
- Transfers in Salta
- 3 nights bed and breakfast in Salta
- 2 nights bed and breakfast in Purmamarca
- All transfers and trips on the spot
With these elements we can offer you the tour with two people booking together in a ***double room from about 1379.- Euro per person. However, the price depends very much on the time of your booking.
It is best to ask us for the current price with concrete travel dates, whereby it makes sense if you can specify several alternative dates for the first day of travel, since we can then look for the most favorable rate for you.
Also the following is important:
- Our price calculations refer to air tickets from the lower price range. They are limited, so please book well in advance.
- The (low) admission fees are not included.
- Mistakes, price and change of offers are possible.
- You can book your flight to Argentina at any travel agency; please book your flight first, then our offers.
- If you book one of our offers you have an insolvency insurrance automatically and will receive this document with the travel documents.