For the 500th birthday in Havana
Group trip "Salsa and more ..." from 2 to 16 November 2019
A journey of dancers and not-yet-dancers at the time when Havana turns 500. The focus of this journey is on
- Cuban salsa dancing
- A look behind the scenes in Havana
- Be accompanied by a Cuban (English speaking) tour guide
- Gain insights into the Afro-Cuban Santeria religion
You will benefit from our more than 20 years of experience with Cuban travel, which we have developed since 1996 as the first tour operator in a direct cooperation with the Cuban people.
Cuban salsa dancing
The program of the trip contains all elements of our travel classic "Muevete a lo Cubano" - dance lessons for all levels. You will meet experienced professional instructors and trained dance partners. Our methodology allows different levels to be learned together in one room. Standard comment of many of our guests: "What I learned here in two weeks was more than in two years of teaching in Europe ...".
A look behind the scenes in Havana
You will stay in carefully selected casas particulares, where you will find privacy and comfort that most hotels lack.
Be accompanied by a Cuban (English speaking) tour guide
You live in the vibrant and vivid centre of Havana near the Capitolio. The selected accommodations are relatively quiet for their location. Day after day you are exposed to many new impressions. Our guide will help you with any questions you may have - starting with changing money ...
Gain insights into the Afro-Cuban Santeria religion
The group receives a joint introduction of about two hours to the basic elements of Santeria. In the following days, each participant has the opportunity to ask personal questions in an individual meeting with a Babalao (priest of the Santeria). Those who do not speak Spanish - the tour guide translates ...
And more: At the beginning of your journey, you can enjoy a tour to get to know the old town and a joint visit to the beaches of Havana, which are about 20 km away from the centre. There are two evening programmes with a salsa guide and Cuban dance partners. Here you will learn where to go dancing in Havana as well as how to dance in Havana.
If you want to experience Cuba a little deeper, this is a program for you! No matter how old you are, no matter if you have any previous knowledge.
The price of the progam in a double room in a Casa Particular (private pension) is at the current time per person
Arrival: Saturday, Nov02 (or earlier)
Start of the program: Sunday, 10 am (guided tour)
Departure: Saturday, Nov16 (or later)
You can also come a few days earlier or travel home later ...
Included in the price of this group journey offer (if not indicated differently):
- Individual airport transfer on arrival and departure
- Accommodation (14 nights including breakfast)
- 10 x 90min Salsa with individual Cuban dance partner (DyM - methodology)
- 10 x 60min Movimiento (Isolation training)
- Englishspeaking Cuban tourguide from Nov 03-15
- City tour showing you the old part of Havana
- Day trip to the beaches of Playas del Este
- Havana dances: two dance tours with Salsa leaders and dance partners (possible costs for taxi/entry not included)
- Santeria - the mysterious Afro-Cuban religion (introduction and individual session)
- Possibilities to eat and dance together (costs involved are not included in the price)
- On request, Salsa-certificate for successful participation in the course
Please read the following details attentively, because they include more information on the journey:
- The itinerary is confirmed as described above
- Single room additional costs for a Casa Particular: 270.- Euro.
- We recommend you enjoy your dinner in your private pension. The surcharge for half board is 15.- euro per person/night.
- Single travellers can choose the option "double room" when booking. You pay the single room price first, but we will refund you 12.- per night shortly after the journey when sharing the room with another person of the group.
- On request, we can also calculate an individual offer for the program staying at any other hotel in Havana preferred by you.
- Getting there: Individual and not included in the price. On request, we can give you the contact information of an experienced agency for flights from our network.
- To participate you should speak English or Spanish.
- Do you want to travel with children? Cuba likes children... We organise special offers for children or teenagers and also for younger children.
- For bookings and inquiries, please use our form.
- We will confirm your application by email. You receive a written travel confirmation/invoice by mail or as a pdf-document by email after all the services included are confirmed. Deviating from our general terms, the deposit for this journey is 30% of the travel price per person. Please pay the rest of the invoice amount 30 days prior to the start of your journey. In case of cancellation of your journey, the following amounts have to be paid per person: Up to 30 days prior to the start of your journey 30% of the travel price, starting from the 29th to the 15th day prior to the start of your journey: 60% of the travelprice. Starting from the 14th day prior to the start of your journey the information published in our general terms are valid. If you don't live in the EU or the UK and the payment is made by credit card, we will charge your credit card account with the corresponding amounts.
- We recommend you to complete a travel insurrence.
- If your arrival or departure dates should vary due to flight schedules, or if you simply wish to arrive earlier or to stay longer, we calculate the extra nights/ services separately.
- Please do not forget to tell us about your previous Salsa knowledge when booking.
For more information on the content of the journey or the travel management, please contact us by using our contact page. If the travel dates of this journey should not suit you, please note that we offer Salsa courses in small groups throughout the year! You can get more information here.